Please scroll down the page for pricing and adoption information.
We accept CASH ONLY as payment of the adoption fee.
Cats/Kittens – $150
Cats over 7 years of age – $75
Dogs/Puppies – $300
Dogs over 7 years of age – $150
Please note… Dog applications are available at our Shelter, once you have met the dog you are interested in.
S.H.A.I.D. does NOT adopt any pet on a trial basis.
S.H.A.I.D. does NOT adopt dogs for hunting purposes.
S.H.A.I.D. will NOT hold pets for anyone or for any circumstances.
The adoption fee includes their spay/neuter, vaccinations, vet check when necessary, dewormed, treated for fleas as required, micro-chipped and vet checked. Cats are also feline leukemia tested. All pets will leave our Shelter with a gifted 30 days of insurance that can be extended or it will automatically cancel. Our Staff will also provide followup advice as required. All animals will be spayed or neutered BEFORE leaving the shelter for their new homes.
We encourage prospective adopters to visit and become acquainted with a pet before they make a choice on which animal they wish to adopt.
- No animal is to be adopted on a trial basis.
- Animals will not be adopted before eight weeks of age, and/or are fully weaned when separated from their mother.
- Cats will be kept at the shelter a minimum of two weeks before being adopted.
- Dogs and cats who indicate aggression are not adoptable.
- No animal will be adopted for guard or hunting duties.
The above are the existing policies regarding “Adoptions”.
SHAID does foster in a few cases, this is generally for long term pets, a pet requiring special care, senior/long term pets. Fostering is done and approved by discretion of the Manager and/or Board of Directors. Conditions will apply!