Please scroll down the page for more information and pricing.
S.H.A.I.D. looks forward to meeting you and helping you to find the perfect pet for your family. All pets are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, treated for fleas, dewormed when necessary, micro-chipped and vet checked. Cats are also tested negative for feline leukemia. All pets will leave the Shelter with a gifted 30 day insurance that can be extended of it will discontinue automatically. PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE SOME SPECIAL CONDITIONS WHEN ADOPTING A KITTEN FROM SHAID. PLEASE CALL 902-543-4849 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Please bring a cat carrier with you, if you plan to adopt a cat/kitten.
- SHAID does NOT hold pets, no exceptions.
- SHAID is NOT set up for credit/debit, cash ONLY for adoptions.
- SHAID does NOT open early or stay after office hours. Open daily from 11 to 3.
- The person adopting must be present to complete adoption forms, someone else CANNOT do this for you.
- Please call if you have questions, to avoid disappointment when planning to adopt
ALL Adopters MUST be 21 years of age and provide photo I.D.
Cats/Kittens – $150
Cats over 7 years of age – $75
Dogs/Puppies – $300
Dogs over 7 years of age – $150
NOTE: If you are adopting 2 cats or 2 dogs, special pricing will be applied on each individual case, depending on pets age(s). Please call SHAID for pricing on a particular pet(s).
Please note… Dog applications are available at our Shelter, once you have met the dog you are interested in.
S.H.A.I.D. does NOT adopt any pet on a trial basis.
S.H.A.I.D. does NOT adopt dogs for hunting purposes.
S.H.A.I.D. will NOT hold pets for anyone or for any circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE: SHAID IS NOT SET UP FOR DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS DUE TO THE FEES, WE ACCEPT CASH ONLY FOR ALL ADOPTIONS.